Friday, June 8, 2007

Welcome to Portobello Road...
I thought I should add, This store is named after a street in London, England where a wonderful flea market is, The flea market was shown in the movie "Notting Hill".


I thought I'd share some pictures of where I get to work a few days a month. My friend Jackie Barringer owns the store Portobello Road. It is in an old house in Jefferson Forest, A huge forest Thomas Jefferson once owned. As you walk up the front walkway it is filled with old and reproduction iron work, beautiful urns and planters, and benches. Inside there's vintage and reproduction everything. One of the first things I do while I'm turning all the lights on is look around as I go to see what's new. And what new display has been done or what new display I will need to create. It is just a great place for ladies to meet and shop together, chat about anything and help find just the perfect things to fill a spot at home. Customers love that she carries vintage and new things, local artist work and even cloths and sometimes gourmet food. Thursday Jackie and I finally went treasure hunting together. After all these years we had never antiqued together. We had such a great time, and we found some great things. This time I brought her to all my favorite places, next time she will show me hers.


















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"OH"...looks so lovely!!"
I wish i could be there to look around that lovely store. You are so lucky to live by such a place like this!!

Thank you for tagging me...i actually had a fun time doing that.
Have a great weekend Becky!!

LOL
Jeannene

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What a neat place to hang out and shop. Theresa-Garden Antqs

Anonymous said...

very delightful!!! That's a word I use alot. If I had to go out into the working world I would love to work in a happy place like that too!!! How fun.

Mica

Sam I Am said...

what pretty pictures :) i love mushrooms... wish i lived on a mushroom-named road :)

Sam I Am said...

what 'contact' did you try ??

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Becky! What gorgeous photos from these shops ~ I love to look into other stores and see their wonderful displays. Thank so much for posting them! xxoo, Dawn

Gypsy Purple said...

What a stunning blog you have...glad I found you!!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love this shop, wish I could visit it in real life.(how fun to be able to work there once in a while!) The displays look so very lovely, thanks so much for sharing these with all of us!
Lidy

Anonymous said...

"Hey friend"...
Are you still out shopping at that lovely store off of Portobello Road. I do not blame you...I would be there too, myself!!

LOL
Jeannene

Anonymous said...

"Very nice to hear from you!"

Hope you have a lovely time "Picking Flowers for your friend, I am sure your friend will enjoy it."

Blessing to you!!

LOL
Jeannene