Saturday, March 29, 2008







Look what I got for my birthday last month. For the past few weeks, I have been teaching myself how to use it, and teaching myself how to not burn myself.
I am happy to report success! So far...
Here are a few things I've made.
This first one is the very latest thing I made, for my big sis Sue.
Shhh, don't tell her, She hasn't gotten it yet and has no idea. She is an amazing artist. To hear all about her and see more of her work just click here:

I used a print of her color pencil artwork of a light house and ship,
and added and S for SUSIE. And below is the first thing I made. Its awful right? I surly did not know what I was doing. But it has become addicting.

And here are a few bracelets I made once I got better at it. They are a bit like those vintage watch bracelets I made a while back.

http://dollsbybec.blogspot.com/2007/08/new-items-coming-to-my-shop-around.html


Well, I have Angels to get back to next week. This is one I am working on, she is itty-bitty indeed...

7 comments:

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

I'm so jealous, I have tried to solder several times and I just make a mess! So pretty!

rosemary said...

I love the jewelry! Especially the Paris bracelet! Are you going to sell any? Thanks for visiting my blog and the comment about my doll. Isn't it amazing how late we stay up at night to read and post blogs? Do you mind if I list you as a favorite?

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Becky!! Your comment cracked me up!!! It really is a neat movie! I love your soldering!!! Looks soooo good. How do you get it to be thick like that? Mine are always so thinned out....just beautiful. So glad you stopped by to see me, xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

"OH, I LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT!!"

I can't wait to show off mine you made me...lol!! I will soon! You have really found your nitch Becky!! You are quite fabulous at this Soldering "thing", I am so in love...in love with it! I can't wait to take a stab of it too! (is that the right saying?)

Hugs,
Jeannene

Anonymous said...

I love it too !!! I got that kit for Christmas from my Hubby and love it so !!! Have fun creating; Mica

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! Thanks for stopping by. I love when people drop in. Don't we all. Any way, your soldering is good. I need to practice a bit more. I'll have to come back and see your angel.

PBVBrat said...

Hey Bec...this is your sis. I just bought a magazine to make those kind of things with the soldering. I've always had the interest but not the experience. I seen some really cute things made from watch frames. You are doing a great job.
Love,
Vicki