Tuesday, May 29, 2007

TA-DAH!

I hope all had a great Memorial day weekend. Ours was lovely. We spent Sunday, early evening putting our roses in the ground. It wasn't as much work as we thought. Pulling out those shrubs before were harder to do. It was fun and I can't wait to cut my first rose.
These rose bushes are named for some beloved family members I have lost. This was just a way to memorialize them in a small way. The first one here is Grandpa (for my father-in-law), the Mister Lincoln. Next is Monica (for my sister), the Fragrant Plum, then Dolly (for my sister), the Peace Rose, and
Casey (for my doggie) the Tropicana. The Tropicana already has some large buds nearly ready to burst open.
This side of the house as looked shabby, (bad shabby) for a while and I'm so glad to finally have it prettied up. I think this was a great way to do that. Our plan is to someday make a mini garden on this side of the house. Framed in with a white picket fence and lots of bird houses, garden angels and faeries. More flowers, herbs and maybe a small pond, with some fish. But for now I think I'll concentrate on the roses, and get back to my angels.











Introducing...



Grandpa












Monica






Dolly





Casey





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, I am so sorry for your loses! It is a really sweet idea to name your rose bushes after the ones you love, and miss so much!! That is a precious thought of you to do!! As soon as I can, I will definitely take a picture of my (ugly rose bushes)..ha..ha! Yours looks so much nicer then mine right now. It is fun to have "New" fresh things Uh? LOL

Sam I Am said...

wow...looking GREAT!!!!!!